This article is written for Premiere Pro and After Effects CC2018 and CC2019.
If you use any older version, we highly recommend you to update to either of the above.
Here we give a tip to change fonts in .mogrt templates in Adobe Premiere Pro. This tutorial is intended especially to beginner users of Adobe Products.
The font setting is changeable in Adobe Premiere in some of the mogrt files, and not in others. It depends on the font setting when the .mogrt file is created. Not until you import it to Adobe Premiere that you tell whether it is changeable or not.
First, in order to import .mogrt files, please refer to “How to import .mogrt in Premiere”.
Then, follow the ways shown below to change a font of .mogrt in the two above-mentioned cases.
A. With Font Changeable in Premiere
- Drag and drop the mogrt file to a sequence.
- Select the footage, then you can edit it on Essential Graphics Panel. Click the text you want to edit.
- Below in Essential Graphics Panel is “Text Tab”, where you can select the font you prefer.
B. With Font Unchangeable in Premiere
- Duplicate the mogrt file just in case
- Change the file extension of the copied .mogrt file from “mogrt” to “zip”. On the popup window, click “Use.zip”.
- Unzip the zip file you have just created, where you find a file with its extension .aegraphic” If you are on Windows, you need to extract the compressed file by right-clicking the file.
- Change its extension from “aegraphic” to “zip”.
- Unzip the zip file you have just created, where you find an After Effects project file.
- Open this After Effects project file.
- If Essential Graphics Panel is not open, click the “Window” tab on the top and click “Essential Graphics”.
- Inside Essential Graphics Panel, you find some texts layers.
- When you don’t know whether or not it is a text layer, click it. If it is editable as shown in the attached photo, it is a text layer.
- Click “Edit Properties” of the text layer of which you want to change the font.
- Tick “Enable Custom Font Selection” and click “OK”. You can also tick “Enable Font Size Adjustment” and “Enable Faux Styles” if you want to change them too.
- Now you see the font selection below:
- Repeat the process 8~11 to all the text layers of which you want to change the fonts.
- Click “Export Motion Graphics Template” at the bottom of Essential Graphics Panel.
- On the popup window, click “Save”.
- On the next popup window, select “Local Drive” and click “Browse…” from which you select a place where you want to save this edited mogrt file. Then click “OK”.
- Import this new mogrt file to Premiere.
- Now you are able to change its font the way shown above in “A. With Font Changeable in Premiere” (see upper section).