This article is written for Adobe Premiere Pro CC2018 and CC2019. If you use any older version, we highly recommend you to update to either of the above.
Here we give a tip to import .mogrt templates to Adobe Premiere Pro. This tutorial is intended especially to beginner users of Adobe Products.
.Mogrt is a file which contains a motion graphics template for use in Adobe Premiere Pro. When you double click it, it starts opening with After Effects or it asks you to download After Effects if you do not own it. Since some of the effects used in .mogrt templates are not supported by Premiere, you need to install After Effects. If your Creative Cloud subscription does not include After Effects, it can be installed as a trial version, and you can apply .mogrt in conjunction with your subscription for Premiere Pro. This will continue to work after the trial period for After Effects has expired.
To use it correctly, you need to import this .mogrt file to Premiere in a specific way shown below.
- Open Premiere and create a project.
- Open Essential Graphics Panel. There are two ways to do this;
a. Click “Window” on the top bar and select “Essential Graphics”.
b. Click “Window” on the top bar, select “Workspaces” and select “Graphics”.
- Now Essential Graphics Panel appears on your project. Drag its space if it is too narrow.
- Make sure “Browse” tab is selected on your Essential Graphics Panel and click the “+” icon at the bottom.
- A pop-up window opens, so select a .mogrt template you want to use and click “Open”ㄡ
Now the .mogrt you imported is in your selection.
- Create a sequence by clicking “File” on the top bar, and directing yourself “New” >> “Sequence”.
- Drag the .mogrt template you have just imported to Essential Graphics Panel to your timeline.
- When you click the .mogrt template in the timeline, “Edit” tab opens on Essential Graphics Panel so that you can edit it.