- 06 Jun 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
After Effects templates guide
- Updated on 06 Jun 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Type of content we look for
- Vertical templates for social media
- Intros, titles & openers
- Logo reveals
- Business & presentations
- After Effects CS3 and above
Video footage requirements:
Supported video codecs:
|Without Alpha||With Alpha|
|H.264||Quicktime Animation **|
|ProRes 422 *||Quicktime PNG|
|GoPro Cineform *|
|ProRes 4444 *|
- for templates compatible with Adobe versions cc2015.3 or newer
- i.e. keyframe intervals must not be greater than 1
Unsupported video codecs:
- Avid codecs such as 'DNxHD' & 'DVvideo'
- 'RAW' codecs
- 'MPEG1/2' codecs
- All Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs including:
- JPEG2000, Photo-JPEG, Cinepak, Graphics or Sorenson Video,
- Any codec not listed by Adobe in this article, including: JPEG2000, Photo-JPEG, Motion JPEG
Step 1: Prepare
Zip file should contain:
- After Effects project file (
- All filenames in English
- Consolidated media files
- Instructions on how to use and customize the product, and
- Links to download any fonts, plugins and/or music used in the product
Video previews can be uploaded at Manage Elements, and do not need to be included in the .zip file.
Download Template Starter Kit
Our Template Starter Kit is designed to allow buyers to easily understand and use your project file. We highly recommend utilizing it to structure your project effectively.
Step 2: Upload
Prepare a separate
.zip file for each product
- Compress all the file related to a single product file into a .zip file.
- Name each .zip file descriptively in English, e.g. "social-media-opening-titles.zip", which will also serve as the product title.
- Maximum file size: 4GB
Upload your files on the Upload page
Step 3: Upload preview
Preview video requirements:
- Video codec: H.264 (
- Resolution: Same resolution as template
DO NOT USE registered trademarks or URLs from other marketplaces as this is not allowed by the respective trademark owners.
USE our Asset resources for contributors.
TIP: Upload tutorial (optional)
Templates tend to sell better when accompanied by tutorial walk-throughs. Therefore, we suggest that you include a simple tutorial on how to use your template, especially for buyers who may be beginners.
You can upload the tutorial at any point, even after the template is published.
Creating video tutorials for your templates
Tutorial video requirements:
- Tutorial video requirements:
- Resolution: HD 1920 x 1080
- Video codec: H.264 (.mp4)
- Frame rate: 15 to 30 FPS
- Bitrate: 8 Mbps
|Product type||Recommended price range (USD)||Max price (USD)|
|After Effects Template||$20 ~ $39||$299|